Home > Biker Forums > Friendship > Some words would be appreciated Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Some words would be appreciated
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2005 05:37

Well folks, I got word today the my old amigo's wife has been diagnosed with advanced Lou Gehrig Disease. The docs don't know how much time she has left, but told her to get her affairs in order.
Now this good woman was never a biker, but every time I'd show up, she'd stuff something to eat in my face, no matter what time of day or night.
She's a "good woman" in the truest sense of the word. She's honest, loving of her hubby,a wonderful mother, has a great sense of humor and is more than tolerant of their wayward friend.
I know that it's only the season of my life, when those I know and love cross over and I also know that "all is as it should be" and the older ones must make way for the new. But if yuh got a few words to spare when yuh talk to God, could you just remember to mention Carol's name?
Much appreciated.
Jess

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 03, 2005 21:31

So glad to hear the good news Jess! Now what about you darlin?? How is our Big Bear doing? Did you get to that doctor today?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 03, 2005 17:02

Just spoke to my friend, Carol. When I told her of the prayers said and candles lit for her, she cried. She said that she had never felt so loved by so many, in her life.
She's in good spirits and has the wisdom to show gratitude for being able to sit up, breathe and eat.
Thank you agaoin my friends and may God, by whatever name you have for the Creator, love and bless you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 13:02

P. Bear, lighting a white candle for Carol tonight . . .

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 06:55

Pappa Bear,

My heart goes to you, your friend and mostly to Carol. We never leave those that we love. She will always be with you and her loving husband.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 23:00

Dave_79124 write:
Bigbear,

New to the group here but can't help but be touched by your post.Life doesn't seem fair at times. My thoughts and prayers to your friend and the group.

Welcome Dave to our group!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2005 20:32

Bigbear,

New to the group here but can't help but be touched by your post.Life doesn't seem fair at times. My thoughts and prayers to your friend and the group.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 22:08

BigBear, sending up prayers and smoke in California. May the continued prayers work their miracles for Carol.
Stay strong and know that miracles do exist. Hope is over 50% of the battle.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 17:45

Big Bear,

I just saw this thread! So, sending light and love--and plenty of strength your way! Big Hugs for the Big Bear-one of the sweetest of them all!

DD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 16:35

Your friend, her family, and you also are in my prayers. I am honored.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 08:35

Great news, BigBear...thanks for keeping us posted!

There are many praying for this lady...give her a hug for us.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 06:23

jess

i have copied and pasted your post to my uncle--he has a large network of prayer friends

i had emailed him the request for Gruff when he was hit

he emailed his friends when in march when the Dr's damaged my Mom's main nerve to her leg and she couldn't walk then they told her she would always have to have the leg brace on(she is only 69) she is now walking on her own

his wife had to have surgery--the Dr's didn't think she was going to survive it--she has had breathing problems for years---she is now not on oxygen at all

sooooooooooooo he and his friends are the ppl i always turn all of my prayer requests over to--if nothing else they also bring peace to those in need

so jessie--my prayers are with you and your friend and his family--blood or extended

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 05:57

Guess I'm speechless at the amount of posts here. How does one go about exprssing the gratitude I feel? "Thank you" doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling here. There's no words.
but know that each of you has a place in the old bear's heart and should you need and I can supply, you have but to ask.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 10:59

hey brother just heard about your friend carol. i'll add all of you in my prayers. may God keep everyone safe and blessed

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 20:49

A merry heart doeth good like medicine...glad to hear your friend is in high spirits!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 18:26

Bigbear, so sorry to hear about your friend, Carol. My prayer will include her and her family in them from now on. Yes, Miracle do happen, prayers are answer.May God bless you and keep you safe.
Faye

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 18:09

Still praying .....my heart is with you papabear!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 17:18

Bigbear2000 write:
An update on Carol. When I spoke to her husband last night, he said that while her physical form has improved but a little, if any, her attitude/emotions have made a tremendous improvement. Thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes, but even more, I thank you for your goodness.

Goodness? dern it!I spent years perfecting my bad boy biker act and you come along trying to ruin my image!You and Carol and all affected by either of you are lifted up by me tonite. and the opportunity to pray for someone I don't even know is personally enriching, so I thank you both for this experience.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 16:37

An update on Carol. When I spoke to her husband last night, he said that while her physical form has improved but a little, if any, her attitude/emotions have made a tremendous improvement. Thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes, but even more, I thank you for your goodness.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 18:56

Big Bear I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, but I couldn't help but be touched by your post.

Lord Jesus, please have mercy on Carol, and her family, and restore her to health.

Miracles do happen......have faith.