Home > Biker Forums > Romance > Do men still give flowers? And do you like them?? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Do men still give flowers? And do you like them??
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 05, 2006 18:55

I think they are great and never was given any till I was like 34.Now thats sad .The younger men don't know how to court a woman but if they did we'd be putty in there hands.So come on older men give them some tips they should know!!!
Women love that stuff and the men today just really lack it.Maybe cause they tooo busy running round...lmfao?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 10:59

I still think its nice when a guy holds the door for a lady. By the way... We never get tired of getting flowers.

My boyfirend shows up with them unexpectdly since we starting dating, it always makes me smile and lets me know he's thinking of me

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 18:19

I STILL DO,,AN I DONT CARE IF YA LIKE EM OR NOT,,,I ALSO STILL OPEN DOORS,,AND GIRLS,,ITS A FOOTRACE TO GET AHEAD OF YA,,FOR REAL,,WHATS UP WITH THAT???BUT I HAVE HAD PEOPLE STOP AND SAY HOW NICE IT WAS TO SEE A MAN OPEN A DOOR FOR A GIRL WHILE I WAS DOIN IT,,,ALLL THE TIME I KNOW THEY WILL HENPECK THE OLD MAN AFTER SEEIN ME DO IT,,,LOL,,THERE ARE A FEW OF US LEFT OUT HERE,,

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 19, 2006 10:05

StuGotz write:
I love to give or do anything for my lady, to me it's all about making her feel special...C'mon guys you know, when she's happy, you are too.

Licking lips...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 18, 2006 14:55

I am an environmaentalist, so I would prefer a plant or tree that I can keep forever and not cause senseless death to flowers. However, here in hurricane-ville, we have all learned that nothing is forever when 200 year old oaks are uprooted. I do believe that most men should be more sentimental. I also admit that I want a bouquet of red roses on my wedding day, but it will last forever because I will have it preserved. I already have 11 roses, a magnolia, an orchid and a lotus tattooed on me, and 27 plants outside my fema trailer, so perhaps men feel I have enough flowers already.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 04, 2006 12:44

climbingrocks write:
Badbikerkitty write:
I think they are great and never was given any till I was like 34.Now thats sad .The younger men don't know how to court a woman but if they did we'd be putty in there hands.So come on older men give them some tips they should know!!!
Women love that stuff and the men today just really lack it.Maybe cause they tooo busy running round...lmfao?

Hey now, don't knock us younger men. Not that I'm all that young. It's true, many of the younger generations simply do not know or care to know what chivalry is all about.

That single word sums up romance, passion, desire, courtesy, and even lust all at once. It's amazing how many women have forgotten the heightened arousal, of all levels and types, that accompany simply being treated like a lady.

What's the world coming to when we are unable to remind them from time to time, or all the time in some cases, how important they are?

Will you marry me?lmfaooooooooooooooo

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 03, 2006 04:41

Badbikerkitty write:

Hey now, don't knock us younger men. Not that I'm all that young. It's true, many of the younger generations simply do not know or care to know what chivalry is all about.

That single word sums up romance, passion, desire, courtesy, and even lust all at once. It's amazing how many women have forgotten the heightened arousal, of all levels and types, that accompany simply being treated like a lady.

What's the world coming to when we are unable to remind them from time to time, or all the time in some cases, how important they are?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 04, 2006 21:02

rac1257 write:
These are for all the ladies on this site.. They are California Poppies

Rugged yet beautiful just like most of the women I know..

Sweet Thank You And A Rose For You Rac.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 02, 2006 22:03

Roxie0215 write:
Hi Kitty...The love bug likes to bite

Wish it would bite my arse....hehehehhehe.Ya gonna make it to any of the bk meets?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 29, 2006 05:04

Its funny to see this topic because I was thinking the very thing just today as I drove past the local flower shop. My ex use to give me flowers all the time and I really haven't been in a LONG term relationship since. The guys I've dated could have scored some points with that. I love getting flowers. The most impressive flowers I ever received came from my ex husband - he's a piper and we had just been out once or twice. I was having cocktails and shooting some pool at the local (redneck) pub with girlfriends after work. He tracked me down and came in dressed in full piper gear with a dozen red roses. If you all could have seen the looks. He gave me the flowers and a kiss, ordered a beer and had a seat...It was great!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 28, 2006 16:28

Hi Kitty...The love bug likes to bite

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 28, 2006 16:00

Two dates ago I received flowers and dried them to keep in a vase indefinately. One BK guy where we perpetually email, sent a pic of flowers to me. Another BK man gave me a Harley Davidson bracelet, which I will forever treasure. I'd stopped by while traveling both coasts, and he showed me around the city, and wanted me to remember that visit with the bracelet. I would remember that visit if he had not given me the HD bracelet. He was a perfect gentleman, sang a love song to me, he was very attentive, and he did a wonderful job juggling his time between his daughter and myself. Gifts whether flowers, jewelry, or time are precious. -vetducgirl

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 27, 2006 21:51

Roxie0215 write:
Got flowers and a card today...just because. He keeps me smiling!

Roxie's somebody knows what it's about !

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 27, 2006 07:17

Roxie0215 write:

OM

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 17:19

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 13:12

rac1257 write:

lol im not rugged in anyway....thanks for the flowers!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 11:08

I used to give my wife flowers quite frequently and not just for birthdays and anniversaries. I've mixed things up giving her a dozen roses on our 12th anniversary with three of them being a different color than the rest to signify each of our 3 kids.

I've pulled over on the side of the road and picked wild flowers to bring home just because.

But when the response got to being, "Oh those are nice" and they were quickly set aside I stopped doing it as often.Now it's Mother's day, birthday and anniversary.

So I guess too much of a good thing is too much of a good thing.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 09:01

rac1257 write:

Thank you, my friend...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 05:27

WarHippy write:
Yep, we still send flowers. A few years ago I sent a dozen roses to my girlfriend at the time cuz she was really pizzed at me for something. She took the roses, vase and all, and dumped em in the trash. So, I called the florist and had another dozen delivered. They went into the trash even quicker than the first dozen. Eventually, we can learn new things, so I called the florist again, and had one rose delivered. When she got one rose delivered, she busted up laughing so hard that she couldn't stay mad any longer. I learned two things that day, and the second was, sometimes when you start acting cheap, it gets mistaken for thoughtfull and resourceful, and it raises you to unheard of levels of esteem by your partner

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 19, 2006 19:56

rac1257 write:

Omgggggggg....he's tryin to get us high and have his way with us lmao......